“High-quality web content that is useful, useable and enjoyable is one of the greatest competitive advantages you can create for yourself online” – Kristina Halvorson
At the heart of great content is an understanding of the importance of strategic differentiation and how to create that differentiation for your brand in a crowded online space.
Our very interactive, highly informative and insightful ONE DAY WORKSHOP, presented by co-founders Delia de Villiers and Sarah Jayne Fell, will equip you with the tools, techniques and tricks needed to elevate your brand’s content offering in a thoughtful, interesting and relevant way.
Date: Friday, 29 June 2018
Time: 09:30 – 15:30 (registration, coffee and tea from 09:00)
Venue: Copper & Canvas, Mason’s Press, 7 Ravenscraig Road, Woodstock
Cost: R3500. Includes coffee and tea, lunch and handy notes and templates to take home
FREELANCE & SMALL BUSINESS DISCOUNT: We’re delighted to offer freelancers and small business owners a 50% discount on the price of a ticket. If you’re one of those you’ll pay just R1750 to secure your spot.
Spaces are limited so be sure to book soon by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
09:00: Registration / tea / coffee
9:30: Welcome / Introduction & Outline / Ice-breaker
10:00: ONCE UPON A TIME: What do we talk about when we talk about content and storytelling?
- Elements of story
- What makes an enticing story
- Authenticity and developing your voice
- Different types of content
- What’s the difference between content marketing and advertising
10:30: WHAT IS YOUR BRAND STORY
- Background to brand and why it’s important to define your brand story
- Includes a practical exercise
11:00-11:15: Coffee break
11:15: CRAFTING YOUR BRAND STORY
- Content strategy
- Content calendar
- Keyword research
- Competitor research
- How to tell better stories
- The importance of strategic differentiation
13:15: MOBILE CONTENT CREATION
- How to use smartphones and tablets to create compelling content for social media
- Includes an overview of basic equipment and key content production techniques and apps
- What do you need in your toolbox to do this all yourself?
- Useful (often free!) online tools and resources
15:30: THAT’S A WRAP
- Final thoughts and ideas
Practical, informative, interactive and fun, the One Day Workshop will inspire and empower you to tell your brand story, not just in a better way… but in the best way!